This classic crumble recipe has a few hidden surprises with the ginger and coconut combination but it is a real crowd pleaser. Serve with cream, ice cream or fresh strawberries.
- 4 tbsp Boddington’s Strawberry Conserve
- 6 Rhubarb sticks roughly chopped
- 1 tsp finely sliced Root Ginger
- 125 g Butter
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Oats
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 1 tbsp Flaked Almonds
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Zest of 1 Orange
1. Make your crumble by rubbing the diced butter and flour together and then add in the oats, coconut and almonds. Work until a good crumble texture and then stir in the sugar and honey
2. In another pan start to sweat the rhubarb witht eh juice from the orange and add in the strawberry conserve. Once the rhubarb starts to soften – after 3-4 minutes add to a pie baking dish and top with the crumble mixture
3. Bake at 180˚C for 30 minutes until the crumble topping is golden brown.