These ‘not so little biscuits because I used a rather large cookie cutter’ are SO easy to make and look amazing! Feel free to use your own biscuit recipe if you have a personal favourite.
(makes 16 biscuits)
For the biscuits
- 250g butter, softened
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
For the cream filling
- 100g softened butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Strawberry Vinegar
- Whisk butter with sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Then stir in the egg yolk along with the vanilla. Beat briefly.
- Sift in the flour and mix with hands until well combined. Knead gently until smooth and transfer to fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, lay out some baking paper onto a baking tray.
- Roll the chilled dough out to roughly £1 thickness – the thicker they are, the trickier they are to eat… plus they will cook quicker if they are thinner!!
- Cut out all the biscuits, then use the end of a piping nozzle – or a small round cutter to remove the middle of HALF of the biscuits.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them, you may need to turn them if your oven decides to cook each corner at its own pace.
- Whisk butter icing sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. You can cover the bowl with a tea towel to prevent icing sugar from covering your kitchen and entire outfit.
- Place into a piping bag for easier depositing onto biscuit. We piped lots of small dots around the edge.
- Now transfer the strawberry jam into a piping bag, we recommend using a piping bag for this as the jam could go everywhere! Using a nozzle with a big enough hole for the strawberries to get through.
- There you have it! Enjoy, BB x